The bright and cheerful smiles from the children is my greatest reward in volunteering.
Volunteering with Canossaville
With limited resources, volunteers represent a major pillar of strength and manpower of CCCS. Your support and contributions enable us to maximise efforts in helping the children in our care.
Volunteering your time with us will directly aid in the well-being of the children.
Current Areas of Need
We are looking for assistance in the following projects:
- Translators – provide Mandarin translation
- Illustrator – assist in conceptualising, designing collaterals or publicity material
These are the usual areas whereby volunteers can assist Canossaville Children and Community Services (CCCS):
- One-to-one or small group tutoring of children in English, Mother Tongue, Mathematics, or Science
- Engaging our children in a specific area eg. dance, music, speech, drama, art and craft, computer literacy, story telling etc
- Facilitating small group literacy classes in English or Mandarin
- Helping our teachers within the classroom
- Supervising at play or leisure
- Office admin and IT support
- Maintaining the premise eg. gardening, cleaning, packing
- Store maintenance & stock checking
We are also open to any other area of expertise that you can offer. Please contact us for further discussion.
- All volunteers are to be at least 17 years old and above.
- Volunteers are required to be screened by the Ministry of Social and Family Development (MSF). For Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents, please provide your NRIC no. For foreigners, please provide your employment, student or dependent pass.
- This depends on the task that you are working on, and we will discuss this with you on an individual basis to arrange a mutually convenient schedule.
- For regular tutoring or literacy programs with specific children, once or twice a week is expected with a view to being able to commit for at least 4 months. This also depends on the timing and needs at any point in time. In these areas, the volunteering cycle is typically between mid January and mid November of a calendar year.
- Children related activities are conducted most of the time on weekday afternoons. Individual arrangements may vary and are to be mutually agreed upon.
- Should a volunteer need to take a break from helping us, do let our Volunteer Coordinator know in advance.
Stories From The Field
Through our willingness to help others, we can learn to be happy.
As to the words of Gandhi: If I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning.
Sign Up As A Volunteer
All volunteers with Canossaville Children and Community Services have to be registered.
1 Sallim Road (Gate 3)
(Attention: Volunteer Executive)